Self Hypnosis Instruction
Creating Safe and Effective Suggestions
Have you ever wondered about how to hypnotize yourself? With this self hypnosis instruction you will learn how to put yourself into a hypnotic state and how to create safe and effective suggestions.
The truth about self hypnosis is that all hypnosis is self hypnosis.
Guidelines for Self Hypnosis
Self hypnosis instruction:
1. Choose a goal, an outcome, that you would like to achieve during this hypnosis session.
2. Find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed for a period of time (20 minutes is good to start).
3. Sit or lie down comfortably, choosing an object for eye fixation (a spot on the wall, or a lamp, anything will do as long as you can comfortably see it).
4. Quiet down, turn your attention inward to your breath. Take a few, slow, deep breaths as you continue to look at the object.
5. Now, give yourself this suggestion: "As I focus on ........, my eye lids are becoming heavier and heavier. With each breath, I am becoming more and more relaxed. My eyelids are becoming heavier and heavier. Each breath is taking me deeper and deeper into relaxation. As my eyelids close, I am going even deeper and deeper.
6. Repeat as necessary. Check with yourself how relaxed you are feeling. If you are not feeling totally relaxed, repeat step 5.
7. Now, imagine yourself at the top of an escalator going down. Count steps going down from 10 to 0. When you reach 0, the bottom step, you will turn right and step on a second escalator. You will again count down from 10 to 0, when you reach the bottom, you will turn right and continue to another escalator going from 10 to 0.
8. Give yourself a positive suggestion oriented towards your goal (or your outcome) that you stated at the beginning. For example, if you wanted to loose weight, give yourself positive statements such as: My normal weight is ... and that's what I weight. I am at my ideal weight. I am happy with my body. My body is healthy. I am at a healthy weight. I am happy with my weight.
9. The last point in this self hypnosis instruction is to give yourself some positive post-hypnotic self-suggestions. For example: I choose healthy foods. I exercise regularly. My diet is healthy. I am in control of my weight.
10. Prepare to return to the waking state by going up to the escalator and counting from 0 to 10. Saying to yourself, as I am coming out of trance, I am going to feel fully awake, refreshed, and energized, so I can fully accomplish .... (your goal).
As you allow yourself to read this self hypnosis instruction few times, your unconscious mind will be listening carefully. Take your time, play with the words, with the instructions until you can do it without reading. Alternatively, you can record these self hypnosis instructions into a recorder and play it back to yourself.
Either way, I hope you will experiment and find your own way.
2015 stress-relief-tools.com. All rights reserved.